Links to Library and Information Research Resources:
- The Library and Information Research Group is affiliated with the LIR Journal. LIR is an electronic, open-access, peer-reviewed journal which is available free from www.lirgjournal.org.uk. It is published three times per year in Spring, Summer and Winter. The focus of LIR is make LIS research accessible to practitioners in UK and Ireland LIS communities.
- Evidence Based Libary and Information Practice (EBLIP) is an open access, peer reviewed international journal hosted by the University of Alberta Learning Services. The purpose of the journal is to provide a forum for librarians and other information professionals to discover research that may contribute to decision making in professional practice.
- Information Research is a free, open-access journal which is maintained by a team of volunteers.
JISC email and discussion lists:
- LIS-LIRG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK - Research and evaluation across all LIS sectors
- LIS-BAILER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK - Information and/or Library Studies in the UK
- LIS-PUBLIB-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK - Discussion between the HE sector and public libraries
- LIS-RESEARCHSUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK - Research support mailing list
- LIRG Researcher Database - Directory of researchers and their projects (last update 2010)
- LIS Publications wiki
- LIS Research Coalition
- LIS Research Coalition links to external resources
- Research into practice: LIS research resources briefing and LIS research resources briefing – evaluation
- In the June 2013 edition of Newsline, Edinburgh Napier University EDINA's quarterly newsletter, there is a news item about a 'Research Data Management Training Kit for Librarians'
- There is a Google + / Twitter group which aims to provide a peer support network for those who might be thinking of gaining a PhD through publication.
- London Area Research Data Group (LARD) blog post following the first meeting of this reasearch data management (RDM) group in November 2014.