Developments in UK copyright law and practice, proposed changes across the EU and updates to licensing mean that it is essential you understand how these will impact you, your organisation and the users of the services you provide.
CILIP/LACA (Libraries and Archives Copyright Alliance) are delighted to present their annual Copyright Conference and keynote talk this year by Julia Reda, MEP.
This event is an ideal and unique opportunity for all librarians, archivists and information professionals to update their knowledge and professional practice.
The event will also provide opportunities for debate about key topics; participation in Q&A sessions and quick fire lightning talks in the afternoon.
The programme has yet again been developed by leading IP Consultant, Naomi Korn, who will be chairing the conference and will be enhanced by an unmatched expert speaker panel.
Why you should attend?
The CILIP/LACA Copyright Conference provides an important chance for you to update your knowledge about crucial copyright and licensing related issues and developments. It also provides an invaluable forum for in-depth presentations by UK-leading experts, informed debate and networking opportunities.
Questions that have arisen since the last Copyright Briefing include:
- The UK has voted to Brexit, and the European Commission has presented new copyright proposals - what will this all mean for UK copyright law and the services we provide?
- Subsequent to the reform of copyright laws in the UK, what is the impact on research and library services of new exceptions to copyright such as data and text mining and the disability exception?
- How can librarians and information specialists navigate the complexities of managing a growing corpus of contracts for the supply of digital content?
- What is the role of risk management particularly within the context of the digitisation of archival material?
- What are the latest developments in licensing and how will these impact upon the resources that can be accessed, copied and used?
- New copyright resources are being created to help inform and educate users and copyright professionals: what are they and how might they help?
The CILIP/LACA annual Copyright Conference has once again drawn together established experts to deliver a cutting-edge event which will explore these issues.
By attending this event you can expect to be:
- Informed about the current legislative and licensing related landscape, and the latest copyright research and how these might impact your day-to-day work.
- Updated about pertinent copyright issues in a ‘quick fire’ 5 minute lightning talks sessions.
- Engaged by a lively expert speakers’ panel, who will be debating key issues and responding to audience questions and comments.
- Exposed to issues raised by other participants and provided with opportunities throughout the day to network.