Professional Registration is an excellent way to increase your professional standing and show your colleagues, employer and potential future employers that you are a skilled and reflective LIS practitioner.
So what is the benefit for me?
By working towards and acquiring a level of Professional Registration, you will be demonstrating dedication and a commitment to your personal development and the LIS profession overall.
By undertaking Professional Registration you will:
- prove your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in the workplace, demonstrate your skills and knowledge through learning and reflective practice.
- demonstrate to your employer and colleagues that you are committed to working in information services and are investing in your own development.
- gain the professional recognition that your knowledge and experience is up-to-date and relevant. This is especially useful if you gained your academic qualification some time ago.
- enhance your career opportunities: employers value Professional Registration and can use it as a method of confirming whether prospective employees are reflective practitioners and have a wide knowledge of the LIS profession.
- have your professional details added to CILIP's online Register of Practitioners. As a CILIP member, you will then be able to use the CILIP post-nominals.